This Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken Nachos is layered with crunchy tortilla chips, zesty green chilis, hearty chicken, sweet corn, and filling black beans. These are perfect for game day, any party, or just as an easy weeknight dinner for you and family!
Nachos are standard go-to almost weekly in our house. Whether we throw them together after school or after weekend activities, these are simple to throw together and always a fan-favorite. Toppings can be added and changed to fit the season and our moods too, which makes this all the more delicious!
Can I cook this nacho recipe with frozen chicken?
Yes you can! It will just alter the cooking time. Instead of 3.5 hours on high, you will need to cook it for 6 hours on high! Shred the chicken after 6 hours. You should be able to move onto the broiler part of the recipe at this point.
How can I cook this recipe in the Instant Pot?
Absolutely! Instead of using a slow cooker, place all the ingredients in the base of an Instant Pot. Mix and place top over top, and seal. Make sure valve is set to ‘Seal’. Set manual pressure to 24 minutes. Once cook time has elapsed, manually release the pressure carefully. Shred the chicken with two forks and mix thoroughly. Top chips with the mixture and continue with Step 5 of the recipe card below. So easy to adapt this recipe!
Ingredients for our Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken Nachos:
- Cream of Chicken Soup
- Black Beans
- Cheddar Cheese
- Diced Chiles
How to make our Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken Nachos:
First, open all canned good. Drain and rinse the black beans and the corn. Next, place all ingredients in a crockpot or slow cooker: raw chicken, drained corn and black beans, Rotel, Green Chiles and both cream of chicken soups.
Stir so all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed together. Cook on high for 3 hours. After the 3 hours have passed, use two forks to shred the chicken. Stir and cook for another 30 minutes.
Turn the broiler on in the oven to 550 F. Place an even layer of tortilla chips on a baking sheet. Next, spoon out the shredded chicken mixture evenly on top of the chips. Last, sprinkle 1-2 cups of shredded cheese all over.
Place the cooking sheet under the broiler and cook for 1-2 minutes. DON’T WALK AWAY!!! Broilers can heat differently and you don’t want to burn this dish. This step is just for melting the cheese so that is why it takes less than 2 minutes. Once cheese is melted, remove from oven and serve!
If you love simple and delicious dinners, check out these recipes below 👇🏼 All made in less than 30 minutes!
Love fresh and simple recipes??! Subscribe to our emails below and we will send them straight to your inbox!
- 1 1/4 pound raw chicken tenderloins or breast
- 1 Can Black Beans, drained
- 1 Can Rotel, not drained
- 1 Can Sweet Corn, drained
- 2 Cans Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 Can Diced Green Chiles
- 2 Cups shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Bag Tortilla Chips
- Garnish: Cilantro
- First, open all canned good. Drain and rinse the black beans and the corn.
- Next, place all ingredients in a crockpot or slow cooker. Stir so all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed together.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours. After the 3 or 6 hours have passed, use two forks to shred the chicken. Stir and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Turn the broiler on in the oven to 550 F.
- Place an even layer of tortilla chips on a baking sheet. Next, spoon out the chicken mixture evenly on top of the chips.
- Last, sprinkle 1-2 cups of shredded cheese all over. Place the cooking sheet under the broiler and cook for 1-2 minutes. DON'T WALK AWAY!!! You are just melting the cheese at this point so it takes less than 2 minutes.
- Once cheese is melted, remove from oven and serve! Garnish with cilantro is you desire.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 216Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 696mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 8g
(Nutritional information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)