This Creamy One Pan Chicken Lasagna is creamy, filling, and full of flavor! With only one pan and 7 ingredients, this might be the easiest lasagna you have ever made. Yummy noodles cook in broth and cream, and zesty herbs are added to make this one of the best skillet dinners out there!
Who really has time these days to create and construct an elaborate lasagna in the traditional casserole sense? I love a good white lasagna and needed a recipe that would make dinner simple and clean up even easier. And yes- the noodles even cook in the skillet! My family eats this up so fast so everyone is happy!
What is ricotta cheese?
Ricotta cheese is most commonly made from the milk of cows. Producers take milk and separate the curds from the whey, which is how most cheeses are made. The ricotta is made from the little bit of curd left behind in the whey. Ricotta is a light and spongey, mild cheese. It is super moist as well.
What is the white sauce in lasagna made of?
There are a lot of recipes out there that use a jarred or canned Alfredo. In this recipe, I make the white sauce from scratch. It is a combination of heavy whipping cream, ricotta cheese, and chicken broth. I add in herbs and some seasoning to give it good flavor. Mozzarella cheese is melted on top and then mixed in to finish it off. You can always substitute out the heavy whipping cream for half and half or whole milk. The thickness will decrease, but it will still taste yummy!
Ingredients for our Creamy One Pan Chicken Lasagna:
- Chicken Breast
- Lasagna Noodles
- Italian Seasoning
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Ricotta Cheese
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Chicken Broth
How to make our Creamy One Pan Chicken Lasagna:
First, in a large skillet, as 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and heat on medium high. Place the 2 chicken breasts down and sprinkle the top with half of the Italian seasonings. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Flip, sprinkle the rest of the seasoning, and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes. Remove from het and set aside.
Next, add the chicken broth, ricotta cheese and heavy cream to the pan. Scrap the bottom of the skillet so you can get all the leftover seasonings and flavors that were left behind from the chicken. Bring to a slow boil.
Once boiling, break apart the lasagna noddles by hand (to your size preference) and stir into the broth mixture. Cover with a top and cook for 15 minutes. Stir 2-3 times to make sure the noodles don’t stick to each other or the bottom of the skillet.
Once noodles are fully cooked, stir diced chicken back in and top with mozzarella cheese. Turn heat off and cover. Allow the cheese to melt! Top with fresh parsley or basil and serve!
This one dish white lasagna is one of my favorites when having friends over. The taste and presentation is impressive, but the effort behind it didn’t have to be! Plus – with only one dish getting dirty, clean up is quick so I have more time to spend with my company. If you like the sound of all that, check out these awesome one pan dinners below! 👇🏼
Love fresh and simple recipes??! Subscribe to our emails below and we will send them straight to your inbox!
- 1-2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 10 lasagna noodles
- 1.5 Cup Mozzerella
- 1 Cup Ricotta Cheese
- In a large skillet, place the olive oil evenly in the base over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken breasts. Sprinkle the chicken with half the Italian seasoning and cook for 5 minutes. Flip the chicken, add the remaining seasoning and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from the skillet and let rest.
- With the skillet still over medium high heat, add the chicken broth, ricotta cheese and heavy cream. Bring to a low boil and simmer over medium low heat.
- Break the lasagna noodles and mix into the liquid. Cover and cook for 15 minutes until the noodles are soft.
- After 15 minutes, shred the chicken and add to the pasta and sauce, stirring until all ingredients are combined.
- Top with the mozzarella cheese, remove from heat, and place a top on the skillet. Allow the cheese to melt for 3 minutes, remove lid, and serve!
- Garnish with fresh parsley or basil!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 462Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 111mgSodium: 402mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 20g
(Nutritional information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)