Leave your evening stress at the door with this One Pan Greek Chicken Thighs. The only thing that stands between you and a full belly are a handful of ingredients, a cast iron skillet and less than 30 minutes! Simple, delicious, and healthy…just the way I like it!
This recipe is one of my families favorite skillet recipes. I don’t often cook with chicken thighs, yet after I do, I always wonder why I don’t use it more! These boneless, skinless thighs offer such good flavor and texture. Sprinkled with an AMAZING greek seasoning, made by the amazing Easy Family Recipes found HERE, and a hint of lemon juice, these babies come out delicious every single time. You could always change up the veggies in this dish if desired, but all the flavors come together perfectly for a full dinner in one dish!
Why do chicken thighs get a bad rap?
Chicken thighs sometimes get a bad rap because they are dark meat. Also, some people think they are fatty and therefore less healthy than chicken breast. The misconception really comes down to the skin. In this particular recipe, we use skinless thighs and that eliminates most of the fat! Don’t get me wrong, skin-on chicken thighs are DELICIOUS, but for this recipe, we wanted to eliminate it for the fat-content. Just like all poultry, be sure to cook to an internal temperature of at least 165 F. In my opinion, chicken thighs are underrated and underutilized!
What is in greek seasoning?
There are a lot of different greek seasonings on the market and several variations of how people make it online. There are a few staple ingredients you will find in most and then a few little extras added in based on personal preference. Kimber, over at EASY FAMILY RECIPES, offers a blend that, in my opinion, beats them all! She uses nutmeg, cinnamon, rosemary, parsley, pepper, dill, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, oregano, basil, and salt. All of these ingredients live in my spice drawer, so throwing it together is so simple. There ingredients combine to create an amazing flavor profile that I can’t recommend enough!
Ingredients for our One Pan Greek Chicken Thighs:
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Greek Seasoning
- Olive Oil
How to make our One Pan Greek Chicken Thighs:
First, in a medium sized bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic and greek seasoning. Whisk together until fully incorporated. Next, add the chicken thighs to bowl and allow them to marinate, covered and in the refrigerator, for about 20 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 375 F. Place an oven-safe skillet on the burner and turn to medium heat. Brush a little bit of olive oil on the skillet so the chicken doesn’t stick. Once chicken has marinated, place the thighs on the hot skillet and cook for 4 minutes on each side, to the point where they get nice and browned. Pour the leftover marinade over top of the cooking chicken so we don’t waste any of the delicious flavors.
While the thighs are cooking, dice the zucchini and asparagus into bite-sized pieces. Slice the lemon into circles. Once the chicken is browned on both sides, add the veggies and lemon slices in. Toss to get coated in the liquids from the skillet and sprinkle on 1 tablespoon of extra greek seasoning.
Place in the preheated oven and cook for 15 minutes, stirring half way through for even cooking of the veggies. After 15 minutes, remove from the oven carefully let the meat rest for 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
In my opinion, one of the reasons this recipe is so fantastic, is because its your full dinner, all in one dish. You’ve got your protein and a plate full of veggies in no time. You could always cook some rice or orzo if you wanted a grain, but I see no need! Plus, clean up is super easy and quick, so you can get the kids to bed earlier. You’re welcome! 🤣
Love fresh and simple recipes??! Subscribe to our emails below and we will send them straight to your inbox!
- 1 1/2 Pounds Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 pound asparagus, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 2 Lemons, one juiced and one cut into spheres
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 Tablespoons Greek seasoning, divided in half
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the juice of 1 lemon, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, minced garlic, and 1 tablespoon of greek seasoning. Whisk together. Add chicken to the marinade, mix, cover, and allow to sit for at least 20 minutes.
- While chicken marinates, dice the asparagus and zucchini into bite-sized pieces. Cut remaining lemon into circle slices. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Place skillet on burner over medium-high heat and add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Add the chicken to the skillet and top with remaining marinade. Cook for 4 minutes on each side, until slight browning occurs.
- After 8 total minutes, add the veggies and lemon spheres to the chicken and light toss. Top with remaining 1 tablespoon on greek seasoning.
- Place in the oven and cook for 15 minutes, stirring the veggies half way through.
- Remove from oven and serve!
Garnish vegetables with parmesan cheese to take them to the next level!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 415Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 208mgSodium: 2599mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 45g
(Nutritional information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)