Welcome to Easy Street my friends! This Mexican Beef and Rice Skillet is a perfect combination of taco seasoning, ground beef, corn, tomatoes and black beans. Add in the cheddar cheese for an incredible cheesy dinner that makes life easier and flavorful!
Can I please tell you why this recipe is absolutely worth a try?? First, it’s made all in ONE dish… Thats right, one! So clean up is eeeaaassssyyyyyy. Second, it’s jammed packed with veggies and protein. And third, it’s so flavorful and delicious! Oh yeah – It all comes together in about 25 minutes! Seriously, can you ask for much more in a recipe? Give it a try and let me know!
What is Minute Rice?
Minute Rice is the same thing as Instant Rice. It is rice that has almost finished cooking, then is stopped, and dehydrated. So all that is left to so when you cook it is the last 5 minutes of cooking it missed out on. It takes cooking time down dramatically and is super easy to cook with. Minute Rice is just one ingredients, and its rice grown here in the USA. It can used on the stove top, in the microwave, or added to any casserole or dish that needs rice.
Ingredients for our Mexican Beef and Rice Skillet:
- Ground bbef
- Taco Seasoning
- Green Pepper
- Sweet Onion
- Black Beans
- Chicken Broth
- Cheddar Cheese
How to make our Mexican Beef and Rice Skillet:
First, dice the sweet onion into small pieces. Next, cut and core the green pepper. If you prefer more spice, leave some of the pepper seeds in. Add those two ingredients , along with the garlic, to a skillet over medium heat. Saute for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Next, add the ground beef to the vegetable mixture and cook. Stir occasionally and break up the meat as you go. The vegetables will continue to cook and soften. Drain any excess grease after meat is cooked through. Then, add an entire packet of taco seasoning. Stir to combine completely.
Once meat is completely combined with the seasoning, pour in the Rotel, drained corn, and drained black beans. Stir. Pour the 1 cup of minute rice over the mixture and stir. Slowly pour in the chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Cover with a lid and allow to cook for 12 minutes, stirring one time in-between. After 12 minutes, or when rice is tender, slowly stir in the cheddar cheese.
Garnish with fresh diced cilantro and serve!
If you really enjoy tasty dishes that are all made in one dish, you need to check out these recipes below! 👇🏼
Love fresh and simple recipes??! Subscribe to our emails below and we will send them straight to your inbox!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 sweet onion, rough chopped
- 1 tsp garlic (2 Cloves)
- 1 Can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Can corn, drained
- 1 can Rotel, mild
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup minute rice
- 1 Packet taco seasoning
- 2 cups, shredded cheddar cheese
- First dice the onion and green pepper and mince the garlic. Add to a large skillet and sauté for 4-5 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Next, add the ground beef to the vegetables and cook until done, about 8 minutes. Drain off extra grease.
- Add taco seasoning and stir thoroughly.
- Add in Rotel, drained corn, and drained black beans. Stir fully.
- Add 1 cup of Minute Rice and stir. Slowly add the chicken broth. Bring to a simmer.
- Place the lid on the skillet and allow to cook until rice is tender, about 12 minutes.
- After rice is tender, stir in 2 cups of cheese, garnish with fresh cilantro, and serve!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 379Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 1084mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 28g
(Nutritional information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)