Easy recipes never get old! This Crockpot Italian Beef is a great “throw and go” meal that tastes even better the next day for lunch! Using only 5 🖐 ingredients, this is a perfect dinner for busy weeknights or lazy weekends!
As a young military wife, I was lucky enough to make some amazing friends right off the bat! These friends of mine used to eat dinner together just about every night when the kids were babies. We were military wives with 7 kids between the 3 of us and husbands who were deployed…A LOT. We became each others “people” and shared some of the best memories that I will forever cherish! This was a simple dish that we would throw together in the morning over coffee and enjoy later that afternoon for an early dinner. We added our own twist to our sandwiches…one loved thinly sliced red onion on top and the other wanted just a light swipe of mayo on each side of the roll! The kids who were old enough would eat the meat on its own and everyone was happy!
What is Italian Beef?
Italian Beef sandwiches were created in Chicago in the 1930s. A traditional Italian Beef sandwich is seasoned roasted beef thinly sliced with au jus and served on an Italian-style roll. Our Italian Beef is a little twist on this classic favorite.
What to serve with Italian Beef
In my home, we treat Italian Beef like any other sandwich. Chips, fries, and tater tots are always great go-tos. If you want to stay away from potatoes, our Italian Roasted Cauliflower would be an awesome choice! We also love to pair it with our Italian Marinated Salad. And of course, no Italian Beef is complete without a side of giardiniera!
Can you freeze Italian Beef?
Yes! This freezes great! When my husband is traveling and I make this for the kids and I, we have so much leftover that I pop it in the freezer for the next time he is away! Allow the meat to fully cool and place in a freezer safe bag or container and it will keep in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Ingredients for our Crockpot Italian Beef
- London Broil or Pot Roast of your choice
- Mild Banana Pepper Rings
- Zesty Italian Salad Dressing Packet
- Ciabatta Rolls
- Sliced Mozzarella Cheese
How to make our Crockpot Italian Beef:
Place London Broil in bottom of crockpot.
Sprinkle dry Italian Dressing packet over beef.
Pour jar of banana peppers on top. Set crockpot to cook on low for 8 hours. Do not lift the lid of the crockpot until the 8 hours is finished! Lifting the lid will cause the temperature to fall and the cook time to be extended.
Once the beef has finished cooking, using two forks, shred the meat and leave in crockpot with cooking juices.
Slice ciabatta rolls in half and place both sides open faced on a baking sheet. Add shredded beef on bottom half of roll. I like to allow most of the liquid to drain to keep the sandwich from becoming too soggy. If you prefer, you can definitely treat it as an au jus and pour it over the sandwich!
Place a slice of mozzarella cheese on top of beef and broil on low in the oven watching carefully and removing as cheese starts to bubble, about 2 minutes.
Place top half of ciabatta on top of bottom half and enjoy!
I love it when food brings back good memories. Although we haven’t lived close in over 10 years, everytime I make this for dinner I can close my eyes and picture us all together again. I hope you enjoy this tasty meal and you can share it (and some great memories) with your friends! 💕
Love fresh and simple recipes??! Subscribe to our emails below and we will send them straight to your inbox!
- 2-3 lbLondon Broil
- 1- 12oz. jar Mild Banana Pepper Rings
- 1 packet Zesty Italian Salad Dressing Packet
- 6-8 Ciabatta Rolls
- 6-8 Slices Mozzarella Cheese
- Place London Broil in bottom of crockpot.
- Sprinkle dry Italian Dressing packet over beef.
- Pour jar of banana peppers on top.
- Set crockpot to cook on low for 8 hours. Do not lift the lid of the crockpot until the 8 hours is finished! Lifting the lid will cause the temperature to fall and the cook time to be extended.
- Once the beef has finished cooking, using two forks, shred the meat and leave in crockpot with cooking juices.
- Slice ciabatta rolls in half and place both sides open faced on a baking sheet.
- Add shredded beef on bottom half of roll.
- Place a slice of mozzarella cheese on top of beef and broil on low in the oven watching carefully and removing as cheese starts to bubble.
- Place top half of ciabatta on top of bottom half and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 319Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 603mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 14g
(Nutritional information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)