This Creamy Chicken Pasta in White Sauce paired with fresh spinach and bathed in a creamy parmesan cheese sauce is delicious and savory, especially over hot angel hair pasta. This is a super easy, weeknight dinner that is creamy, cheesy, and downright delicious!
First off, can we talk about how pretty this dish is?? The vibrant green, the specks of oregano, and the small pops of red just make the presentation on this dish so great! Couple that with this being made in ONE pan, that it’s so easy to make AND super yummy… this recipe hits all the marks!
Can I use something other than heavy cream?
If you don’t have heavy cream on hand, you can use whole milk or half and half to get a similar consistency. Also, if you have fat-free milk or 1%, you will want to mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch into the milk before stirring it into the veggie mixture to help get a thicker sauce. If you use these alternatives, the sauce may be runnier and not taste quite as good. The cornstarch should help bring it to a place that works well 🙂
Does the parmesan have to be shredded?
Nope! I find that shredded parmesan tends to melt easily, but you can absolutely use flakes or the finely grated cheese you have on hand. I personally like to cook on a budget, so if you have any form of parmesan cheese on hand, I’d use that over buying something else!
Ingredients for our Creamy Chicken Pasta in White Sauce:
- Chicken Breast
- Heavy Creamer
- Lemon Juice
- Angel Hair Pasta
How to make our Creamy Chicken Pasta in White Sauce:
First, in a large non-stick skillet, place the thin-cut chicken breast in an even layer. Sprinkle with half of the oregano. Cook on medium heat for 4 minutes. Flip the chicken and sprinkle with the rest of the oregano. Cook for another 4 minutes.
Next, remove the chicken and place on a plate. Return the skillet to the stovetop and keep at medium heat. Add the garlic and tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes. Next, add the spinach until wilted, about 3 minutes.
Slowly pour in the heavy creamer and stir until slightly bubbly. Pour in the parmesan cheese and add the chicken back to the dish. Allow to heat the chicken or 2 minutes.
Serve over cooked angel hair pasta. Enjoy!
Garnish with basil before serving.
I serve this creamy, delicious dish over a bed of hot noodles but you can pour it over whatever you want. If you are trying for low carb, pour this dish over cauliflower rice. Want to switch it up completely? Pour it over a delicious whipped mashed potato. The options are up to you!
Love fresh and simple recipes??! Subscribe to our emails below and we will send them straight to your inbox!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, thin cut
- 3 teaspoons oregano
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Cup diced roma tomatoes
- 3 Cups, fresh spinach
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 3/4 Cups, grated Parmesan
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- First, dice the tomatoes and mince the garlic. Make pasta and set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet, place chicken breast in an even layer and turn heat to medium. Sprinkle 1 1/2 teaspoons of oregano on the chicken.
- After 4 minutes, flip the chicken and sprinkle with the remaining oregano. Cook for an additional 4 minutes, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165F. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Return skillet to burner and add the garlic, lemon juice and diced tomatoes. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Slowly stir in the spinach and cook until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Pour in the heavy cream and parmesan and stir.
- Add chicken back to the skillet and heat on medium-low until mixture comes to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and serve over angel hair pasta.
I highly recommend thin-sliced chicken for this recipe. The thicker the piece, the longer the cook time.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 389Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 139mgSodium: 356mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 31g
(Nutritional information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)