Guilt-free AND delicious! This Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Casserole is the perfect weeknight casserole! The bold taste of buffalo sauce mixed with cheese, bacon, green onions and our special seasoning make an unforgettable dinner for all ages. Plenty for seconds or leftovers, this dish takes the hassle out dinner-planning tonight!
When I am cooking, I typically try to make something as healthy as I can. BUT I do not sacrifice taste to do it. We all have different preferences so what I think is tasty may not correlate with your likes. However, I find it unlikely that most people couldn’t enjoy a healthy dish like this because, I mean.. bacon! Oh and gooey cheese… and delicious buffalo sauce! It’s pretty stinkin’ yummy!
Is cauliflower a keto vegetable?
Cauliflower is a great low-carb vegetable! It’s extremely versatile, and with only 3 grams of carbohydrates per 1 cup serving, it can even fit into ketogenic cooking. The thing that makes cauliflower so popular is that it has a similar texture to potatoes, but without all the carbs. Also, when riced, it can be substituted in for actual rice, taking the carbohydrate count way low.
What is buffalo sauce made of?
Buffalo sauces can vary a lot based on the brand and flavor they are intended for. A traditional buffalo wing sauce is a mixture of hot sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and butter. That butter smooths out all the flavors and creates a nice, rich flavor.
Ingredients for our Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Casserole:
- Chicken Breast
- Moore’s Buffalo Sauce
- Shredded Cheese
- Green Onion
- Fresh Simple Home Seasoning
How to make our Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Casserole:
First, preheat the oven 375 F. Chop the head of cauliflower into bite-sized florets and set aside. Cut the raw chicken into small pieces and set aside also.
Next, mix the seasoning and buffalo sauce in a large bowl. Place the cauliflower florets in the bowl with the sauce and mix until the cauliflower is evenly coated.
Move the cauliflower into a baking dish, leaving as much of the sauce in the bowl as you can. Bake the cauliflower for 20 minutes. While cauliflower is baking, add the chicken to the bowl with the sauce and coat completely.
After 20 minutes, pull the dish out of the oven. Top with the chicken, evenly distributing, followed by the cheese, green onions, and bacon. Bake for an additional 25 minutes.
Remove from oven and serve!
Bottom line – this recipe is a keeper. It feels like you are indulging in something you shouldn’t because it is THAT good. BUT then you realize you are eating a low carb vegetable with a low carb sauce and a great protein – chicken! It’s delicious, filling, and full of wonderful flavors. Hope you enjoy it as much as us!
Love fresh and simple recipes??! Subscribe to our emails below and we will send them straight to your inbox!
- 18 oz Chicken, cubed
- 8 C Cauliflower Florets
- 2 TBS EVOO
- 2 Tablespoons of Fresh Simple Home Seasoning
- 1/2 Cup buffalo sauce
- 2 C Mexican Cheese
- 5 oz Bacon, cooked and diced
- 1 C diced green onions
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Chop the cauliflower and chicken into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the seasoning and hot sauce. Add the cauliflower florets and stir to coat.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the cauliflower into a 9 x13 baking dish, leaving behind as much of the buffalo sauce mixture as possible.
- Bake the cauliflower for 30 minutes, stirring once, halfway through.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, add the diced chicken to the bowl with the leftover sauce and stir to coat. Add more sauce if necessary. Let sit and marinate.
- Once cauliflower is done, remove from oven. Top with the marinated chicken, evenly distributing.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cheese, bacon, and green onions and top the raw chicken with the cheese mixture.
- Return the casserole to the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 311Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 83mgSodium: 1124mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 24g
(Nutritional information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)