You will NEVER believe that this is not rice! This amazing Cauliflower Fried Rice tastes just like the real thing, only healthier! With only 5 ingredients and less than 15 minutes, you can have this on your dinner table tonight!
One of my kid’s favorite foods is by far fried rice. We love to go out for Thai or Hibachi food and fried rice is always part of their order.
Is cauliflower rice better for you than rice?
Cauliflower has several different health benefits. It is high in fiber, contains many valuable nutrients, helps aid the digestive system and has even been known to help with weight loss! Not to mention, it is lower in carbs than rice, so we LOVE using cauliflower where we can!
Can I use frozen, pre-riced cauliflower?
Definitely! I prefer to use fresh cauliflower when I can because I think the texture is slightly better, but using fresh adds a bit of extra work for not that much of a difference! When I want to go easy, I use 2 bags of frozen, pre-riced cauliflower that you can find in any grocery store. When using this, pour the frozen cauliflower into the wok, but do not pre-cook it as that will make the rice mushy! Follow recipe directions as normal.
Ingredients for Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Mixed vegetables
- Coconut oil
- Coconut aminos (if cooking whole 30, use this)
How to make our Cauliflower Fried Rice
First, rough chop cauliflower and place in food processor until it is a similar consistency as rice. You may need to do this in 2 or 3 “batches” to allow the cauliflower to rice correctly and evenly.
Next, pour cauliflower and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil into wok over medium heat and stir to heat cauliflower for about 5 minutes.
Add bag of frozen mixed vegetables and continue to cook until vegetables are defrosted, about 3 minutes.
In a separate bowl, crack 3 eggs and beat well. Make a well (hole) in the center of the wok and add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and eggs into middle.
Stir eggs constantly, leaving them in the middle until cooked.
Once eggs are cooked, stir them throughout the cauliflower and veggies. Add about 1/4 cup of coconut aminos (or soy sauce) to mixture and mix well. Add more to taste if you desire.
Remove from heat and enjoy! Any remaining rice can be placed in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
This “rice’ is so filling and satisfying without making you feel stuffed. I forget I am eating cauliflower because it tastes so much like the real thing! Give this recipe a try and see for yourself how delicious it is!
Love easy and delicious recipes??! Us too! Subscribe to our email list and we will send them right to your inbox every week!
- 1 medium head of cauliflower (or 2 bags frozen, pre-riced)
- 1 12oz bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 TBS Coconut oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Coconut aminos
- First, rough chop cauliflower and place in food processor until it is a similar consistency as rice.
- Pour cauliflower and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil into wok over medium heat and stir to heat cauliflower.
- Add bag of frozen mixed vegetables and continue to cook until vegetables are defrosted, about 3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, crack 3 eggs and beat well.
- Make a well (hole) in the center of the wok and add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and eggs into center.
- Stir egg constantly, leaving them in the middle until cooked.
- Mix egg throughout the cauliflower and veggies.
- Add about 1/4 cup of coconut aminos (or soy sauce) to mixture and mix well.
- Remove from heat and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 227Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 355mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 7gSugar: 9gProtein: 8g
(Nutritional information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)