Is there anything better than a creamy, EASY, and delicious dinner casserole??? Did I mention it’s only 6 ingredients too?? This Creamy Zucchini Chicken Bake is so simple to make, is packed with veggies and protein and is perfect for that weekly questions of ‘What’s for dinner?’. Make and bake right away or make ahead of time – totally up to you!
When it’s time to make that weekly menu, I love when this one comes up on the rotation! I call it my lazy dinner night because it is THAT easy to make. Ritz crackers just make everything better too, right??! If you want to make this ahead of time, just leave the ritz cracker mixture off the top and sprinkle on whenever you are ready to bake. Want to make it smidge-bit healthier?? Substitute out the sour cream and throw in plain greek yogurt.
Can this be made ahead of time?
Absolutely! That is one of the many things I love about this particular recipe. Follow the directions below all the way through. The only modification is to hold off on placing the ritz topping on until right before baking. Since the crushed crackers will be mixed with butter already, just put them in a little baggie or bowl and store with the casserole until you are ready to cook!
I don’t have ritz crackers. What can I use instead?
No ritz? No problem! While I do recommend the ritz because their flavor enhances this dish, there are a variety of substitutes. If you have a box/bag of stuffing, feel free to mix about 2 cups of crushed stuffing with the melted butter. You can also use saltines, chunky bread crumbs, or a cracker of your choice. Keep in mind that half the mixture will be used as a topping, and the other half will be mixed throughout the entire casserole.
Ingredients for our Creamy Zucchini Chicken Bake:
- Dry Stuffing Mix
- Cream of chicken soup
- Sour cream
How to make our Creamy Zucchini Chicken Bake:
First, preheat your oven to 350 F.
Next, grease a 9 x 13 baking dish and set aside.
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, melt 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup). Crush two sleeves of ritz crackers and then mix both sleeves of crushed ritz crackers in the melted butter.
Dice up the zucchini into bite-sized pieces and shred or dice the cooked chicken. In a large bowl, add the chicken, diced zucchini, cream of chicken soup, 1/2 the cracker mix and sour cream to a large bowl and mix well.
*Set aside half of the mixture for topping the casserole later.
Spread the mixture into your baking dish and then evenly sprinkle the top with your reserve cracker mixture. Bake, uncovered, in the middle rack for 40 minutes. The topping should be nice and brown.
Remove and enjoy!
I promise you won’t be disappointed with this recipe! It is pretty as simple as it comes and the outcome is soooooo tasty. Leftovers are just as yummy reheated the next day as well. All about easy casseroles right now? Us too! Check these one’s out and add them to the line-up!
- Creamy Chicken Bacon Casserole
- Tortellini Casserole
- Cheesy Zucchini Chicken Casserole
- Delicious Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
- Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Casserole
- Easiest Ham and Rice Casserole
- Creamy Crunchy Chicken Casserole
Love fresh and simple recipes??! Subscribe to our emails below and we will send them straight to your inbox!
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 4 cups of zucchini, diced (3 medium sized zucchinis)
- 2 sleeves of Ritz crackers
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (10.8 oz) cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Grease a 9 by 13 baking dish. In a large bowl, melt the butter dd both sleeves of crushed ritz crackers and stir thoroughly. Set aside half of the mixture for topping the casserole later.
- Add the shredded chicken, diced zucchini, cream of chicken soup, half the cracker mixture, and sour cream to a large bowl and mix well.
- Spread the mixture into your baking dish and then evenly sprinkle the top with your reserved cracker mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, in the middle rack for 40 minutes. The topping should be nice and brown.
- Remove and enjoy!
* You can absolutely substitute the sour cream out and put plain greek yogurt in it's place for a healthier option.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 188Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 192mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 10g
(Nutritional information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)