This delicious and healthy Vegan 7 Ingredient Greek Salad is filled with crunchy cucumbers, zesty red onions, tender avocado, and juicy tomatoes! This dairy-free and vegan recipe is so flavorful, you won’t even miss the feta!
Greek salad is such an underrated and often forgotten side dish. I feel like, at dinner parties and gatherings, I am most often offered a type of Caesar Salad, Cobb Salad, or Spinach Salad. Well, not when you come to my place! I have been trying to be more conscientious of making sure I have something yummy to serve to anyone that could have a possible dietary restriction. This one is so great because it is dairy-free, as well as Vegan, and tastes like a million bucks! With only 7 ingredients, you can have this uber fresh side ready in no time!
What is in Greek Seasoning?
There are quite a few components to a homemade Greek seasoning. Don’t let that intimidate you! Most of the spices are common staples you probably already have. The Greek seasoning I LOVE is actually made by Kimber over at Easy Family Recipes. The link is <HERE>. This one makes a great serving size and have wonderful flavor! The most common ingredients in a Greek seasoning are oregano, thyme, basil, onion powder, and garlic powder. This recipe also spices it up (no pun intended) with cinnamon and nutmeg. Trust me when I say that its totally delicious!
Does Greek salad contain lettuce?
Traditionally, Greek salads do not contain lettuce. It’s just one of the factors that make it a ‘Greek seasoning’. They are most commonly made from some sort of variation of the following ingredients: cucumbers, onions, tomatoes, feta, olives, mustard, red wine vinegar, and avocados.
Ingredients for our Vegan 7 Ingredient Greek Salad:
- Greek Seasoning
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Red Onion
- Kalamata Olives
- Garnish: Parsley
How to make our Vegan 7 Ingredient Greek Salad:
First, cut up all the produce. You will want everything you cut up into bite-sized pieces. Slice onions thinly so that the flavor isn’t overwhelming in each bite. Cut the avocado up last as it is the last ingredient added to the dish!
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the chopped onions, cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, and diced parsley.
Last, add in the diced avocado. Mix completely. Be very gentle when stirring so that you don’t mash the avocado.
Combine the olive juice with the greek seasoning. Mix thoroughly. Pour over vegetables and toss. Serve right away.
If you are looking for more simple, yet delicious salads for any occasion, check these recipes out below for more options! 👇🏼
Love fresh and simple recipes??! Subscribe to our emails below and we will send them straight to your inbox!
- 1 large Cucumber
- 3/4 cup, chopped Kalamata Olives
- 1 cup, chopped Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 medium sized Avocados, diced
- 1/3 cup diced Parsley
- 1 small Red Onions
- 1 tablespoon Greek Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive juice
- First, wash the cherry tomatoes and cut in half. Next, cut the red onion into thin, bite-size slices.
- Roughly peel the cucumber and cut in half, length-wise. With a spoon, scoop out the seeds. Last, cut into small U-shaped pieces.
- Roughly dice the parsley.
- Cut the olives in half, length-wise and set aside.
- Measure out 2 tablespoons of olive juice and mix with 1 tablespoon of greek seasoning.
- Combine all chopped ingredients and stir.
- Last, add chopped avocado and greek seasoning dressing to the mixture and gently stir until combined.
- Chill and serve!