Take your love of fall to the next level with this crazy delicious dessert. This Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake is what dessert-dreams are made of in terms of taste and simplicity. Once baked, this deliciousness comes out moist and light, then is topped with cream cheese frosting to make it absolutely sinful! Make this for any gathering if you want to be the hit of the night!
My husband is in the military and there always seems to be events going on that involve bringing food to a gathering or providing food for a family thats sick or just had a baby. I like to be a little “extra” sometimes and provide a dessert that’ll knock people’s socks off. I usually go with my Sopapilla Cheesecake but since fall is here, I felt I needed something more season-appropriate. Enter this recipe. It is gorgeous when topped with the frosting and it tastes EVEN BETTER than in looks! This is one of the top 3 best desserts we’ve ever made over here at FSH. We promise you won’t be disappointed.
How will I know when this is done cooking?
In there recipe, there is a slight window of time and this is because ovens vary in their bake times as well as the altitude/temperature/humidity at your specific location. I start checking the cake at 4o minutes. (It’s typically done at 45 minutes) What you need to look for is the cake pulling away from the sides of the pan (pictured below). Also, if the cake seems jiggly and not set in the middle, it needs additional time in the oven.
Do I have to use frosting?
Absolutely not! Actually, this cake is delicious on its own right, without any added topping. However, the cream cheese frosting does add more texture and just makes the cake so dang delicious. I’m one of those girls that like a little bit of cake with her frosting, so I rarely shy away from putting it on there 🙂
Ingredients for our Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake:
- White Chocolate Chips
- Box Spiced Cake
- Vanilla instant pudding
- Whole Milk
- Vegetable Oil
- Canned Pumpkin
How to make our Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake:
First step is to preheat oven to 350 F.
In a small bowl, combine the combine the eggs, milk, and oil. Stir well and make sure the egg yolks are completely broken apart .Next, add the 1 cup of pumpkin and fix until fully combined. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the spice cake mix and vanilla pudding mix. Stir.
Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry. Once fully mixed, rough chop the white chocolate chips and add them to the mixture, slowing folding them in.
- If you can get your hands on mini white chocolate chips, then no need to rough chop! You need to chop the large ones because they will sink to the bottom of the bundt pan while cooking. The small one’s don’t and stay evenly distributed.
Pour batter in a greased bundt pan and cook for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and flip onto plate within 5 minutes.
Allow to completely cool before adding frosting. Garnish with cream cheese frosting and extra white chocolate chips.
There is something about a delicious bundt cake that just screams ‘Fall’ to me. This one specifically, with the pumpkin and cream cheese. This cake really feels effortless to make, but looks and tastes like something you spent hours making. Bottom line: tasty, delicious, and EASY. What else could you want in a dessert??! If you enjoy baking in the bundt pan, try our Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake and our Christmas Morning Monkey Bread.
Love fresh and simple recipes??! Subscribe to our emails below and we will send them straight to your inbox!
- 1 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1 Box Spiced Cake
- 1 6oz box vanilla instant pudding
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a small bowl, combine the combine the eggs, milk, and oil. Stir well.
- Next, add the pumpkin and fix until fully combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix and pudding mix, and stir.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry.
- Once fully mixed, rough chop the white chocolate chips and add them to the mixture, folding them in slowly.
- Pour batter in a greased bundt pan and cook for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and flip onto plate within 5 minutes. Allow to completely cool before adding frosting.
- Garnish with cream cheese frosting and extra white chocolate chips.
* Bake time can vary so keep a close eye on the cake at around 45 minutes. You will want to see the center become firm and the edges pulling away from the pan. Cooking varies from 45-60 minutes.
*For frosting, I emptied a pre-made cream cheese frosting into a ziplock, snipped the end on a corner with scissors, and then evenly drizzled the frosting all over.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 265Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 91mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 4g
(Nutritional information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)