Chips and salsa is BY FAR my most favorite thing to eat! I basically consider it a food group 😉 This Black Bean and Corn Salsa is quick and easy to throw together and goes great on top of practically everything!
When the kids were babies, some sweet friends of ours would have us over for game night almost every Friday night. We would share many laughs, a few drinks and a batch of what we lovingly referred to as “dip”. This salsa was a product of throwing a little of this and a little of that together one night and 15 years later, we still get excited when we make it! Using ingredients I usually have on hand, this is the perfect salsa to make anytime! It is a great topping for any of our fun Mexican dishes!
Can I freeze this salsa?
We definitely do not recommend freezing this salsa. With the ingredients that are used, it would not keep its crisp taste after freezing. The good news is, this stuff is SO GOOD you shouldn’t have any trouble finishing the bowl!
What is Shoepeg corn?
Shoepeg corn is sweeter than regular corn. The kernels are generally smaller and have a “peg” shape to them. You can easily substitute other types of corn for this salsa, shoepeg just happens to be our favorite!
Ingredients for our Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- Black beans
- White Shoepeg corn
- Diced tomatoes with green peppers and onions
- Cilantro, finely chopped
- Minced garlic
- Red onion
- Dry ranch seasoning
How to make our Black Bean and Corn Salsa
First, dice onions and jalapeno and chop cilantro. Place in large bowl.
Next, drain tomatoes and place in bowl. Rinse and drain black beans and corn. Add those to the bowl as well.
Pour one packet of dry ranch seasoning or 2 TBS or your favorite dry ranch seasoning (we love this one).
Add minced garlic and juice from lime. Stir well and refrigerate.
You may serve this immediately, but we like to give it about 15 minutes to chill and allow all of the flavors to marry! Enjoy!
This salsa is a household favorite and is so versatile! To use as a dip for chips, a topping for salads and dishes that need an extra something or to eat by itself- you can’t go wrong with this one! We usually double the batch when we make it because it disappears so quickly! Hope you enjoy this tasty salsa!
- 1- 15oz can black beans
- 1- 11oz can white shoepeg corn
- 2- 14.5 cans diced tomatoes with green peppers and onions
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, finely chopped (1/2 cup, packed)
- 1-2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 large red onion
- 1- 1oz dry ranch packet
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1-2 fresh jalapeños (2 makes it have a definite kick!)
- First, dice onions and jalapeno and chop cilantro.
- Place in large bowl.
- Next, drain tomatoes and place in bowl. Rinse and drain black beans and corn. Add those to the bowl as well.
- Pour one packet of dry ranch seasoning or 2 TBS or your favorite dry ranch seasoning.
- Add minced garlic and juice from lime.
- Stir well and refrigerate. You may serve this immediately, but we like to give it about 15 minutes to chill and allow all of the flavors to marry!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 174Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 717mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 12gSugar: 12gProtein: 8g
(Nutritional information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)